Hunter Valley Wedding & Event Hire
Terms & Conditions of Hire
As with all hire companies, we have some terms and conditions that need to be agreed before the hiring of any of our equipment is permitted.
- We are required to a copy of some photographic ID like a driver’s license or passport, as proof of identification of the hirer and a copy of an addressed document like a phone bill or bank statement. All copies taken are bound by the data protection act and we will not pass on information to any third parties. All copies will be held for a maximum of 6 months after the end of the last hire agreement and will then be destroyed in a controlled manner.
- Any hiring of equipment will require the hirer to sign an agreement on pickup or delivery of the equipment. This agreement sets out the details of the hire agreement, the cost of damages and all other terms and conditions.
- We will require a small damages security deposit to be held by us for all equipment hired out. Rates for either our sound OR lighting package is $200 per hire. A combination hire of both our sound AND lighting package will require a damages security deposit of $250 to be held by us.
- You are responsible for all the equipment whilst it is on hire to you. Any equipment lost or stolen during the hire agreement will result in you being charged for the full cost of the equipment this includes delivered hires.
- We except fair wear and tear on our equipment such as scratches and marks on casings, caused by everyday use. We would only question the condition of the equipment if we felt it had been misused, causing it not to work on return to us. I.e. driving speakers too hard causing them to blow, liquid damage to electrical items, smashed/cracked lens on lighting. The cost of any damage found will be charged to you.
Examples of the situations should any damage be found, are as follows:
Example 1: Damage found to a cable costing $20 new, will result in $20 being charged to you.
Example 2: Damage found to a speaker costing $500 new, will result in the full damages charged to you.
As always we hope that these situations never arise but we believe that total clarification of our terms and conditions prior to any hire agreement is of the up most importance. We want our equipment to last so people can enjoy using them again and again.
To hire, the person picking up the hire equipment must:
Be over 18 years of age
Be a permanent Australian resident
Bring a current local state driver’s licence or RTA ID card
Bring a phone/utility/bank bill or statement no more than 4 weeks old
If you cannot fulfill all of the above when picking up your hire gear, you will be refused hire.